How can I add music to my IPOD without overwriting everything I already have on it?

Whenever I want to add music, I have to add not just the new stuff, but all the old stuff that's already on it or I loose all the old songs. This means I have to keep them in my list on my computer. There must be a different way, but I can't figure it out.

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Entertainment

• just hook up ur ipod to the computer and add your songs. usually a list of whats already on your ipod wil come up for u. but it won't over write it should skip that song and go to the nest to be downloaded.
    Anonymous

• I have the SAME issue!! I don't keep my music on my harddrive I keep it on an external and it is such a pain in the *** when I want to add new music and sync... If I don't have the drive hooked up it will only copy the new items. Why can't it just post the newly purchased items. I have like 14 new songs over the last month that I haven't added on my ipod yet cause of this issue. I am curious to know!!!
    Mama2MagnEm

Answer by Mama2MagnEm at 9:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2008