My daugther is 3 yrs old, and over the past year, I've started having anxiety, self doubt & insecurities - anyone experience this and what do I do to overcome it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• You just have to tell yourself that she is a happy, healthy child who is being cared for in the best of your ability, and that even if we make mistakes, they're not the end of the world - we may think they're so huge, but our kids don't even notice and won't remember. At the end of the day all that matters is that your child is loved and taken care of.

I think we all deal with those feelings of inadequacy, of feeling as though we're not good enough when it comes to being parents. I feel it all the time. I look at my child and feel so much love for him and feel like I'm not doing nearly as much as I could or should be doing for him, but then I realize how happy he is, how much he loves me, and I tell myself that its okay to work towards doing better where I know I can, but I have to know when I'm just being too hard on myself. I can't let these feelings negatively effect my relationship with my child in any way, you know?
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I haven't overcome it yet. I think it is part of being a mom and it is a good sign. It shows you care.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes at times I do feel this to. Like today what a day with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Everyday I think that I could be doing so much better as a mother, even though I know I am a great mother. And I think that makes me an even better mother. It just shows you that you love and care for you kids and think that they should be getting the best of everything, even when you are giving them the best. You never think it's good enough because you are a wonderful mother!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010