"Moms with one child have no idea what's it like to be a REAL mom"...really?

Seriously, it ticks me off when I see women on CM making those sorts of statements. It's as if having more than one child makes you a better parent, which I don't believe is true. I have one child, and it takes a lot of energy and focus to get through our daily lives.

Any opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• having one makes you a mother having two makes you a mother having more then two makes you insane LMAO I am going on 5
    gypsy_rose

Answer by gypsy_rose at 10:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I have one child and I am a great mom, and I wouldn't do it differently! I was also an only child. Being a great mom or not has nothing to do with how many children you have......unless you're Octomom. LOL
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 10:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Just more us v them nonsense. I generally dismiss statements like these (and the women who make them)
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It's just not true. Mothering begins in the womb and never, ever completely dissolves. Ignore uneducated statements or judgements.
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Some people just think they are better because they have more experience persay because they deal with more children, I on the other hand dont think that is true at all. Maybe in some cases, but not all. It makes me angry when people boast about their parenting, because alot of the time, they aren't all that. Dont let it get to you, WE are just as good if not better as single child Moms. =D
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh, I agree. Even with just the one, I feel as though I completely comprehend the complexities and complications of parenthood. In a way, having one can even be harder, I think, because they don't have siblings to go play with, YOU have to be the one to entertain all day long. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• haha, part of me wants to say that anyone who says that is just so overwhelmed that they wish they only had one child again. ;)

but I know that I can't generalize, although it may be true for some.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes I have a litter of children, but I don't see how it changes parental status if you have one or five, so you never heard it from me! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yeah whether you have one or ten you are a real mom. Depending on the one child someone may have, they may be harder to raise than several..
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Wow, I'm really glad I've never seen a mom on here say that. You are a mom as soon as you have a baby. Yes, a real mom. I agree with bandgeek521, if you only have one child, you really have to pay more attention because there is no one else to play with the baby but you. Don't listen to people that say that, there will always be people that think they are better than others. We are all great moms, we love our children and that makes us amazing parents!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010