Am i wrong? I have to push my twins a little to do their work...

My twins are in the infamous 3rd grade. They have book reports and more homework than they've ever had before. I have them turn off the tv. I try to be positive but all they want to do when they get hm is play. They still make fair grades. I just want them to do better. Am I doing something wrong? Anybody else been there and how did you handle this?

KARRIEMARIE

Asked by KARRIEMARIE at 10:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Twins!?! i could only wish lol. All joking aside I have a nine year old daughter who thinks she is 16. She is suffering because she hates doing homework. I try to help but it does no good. I am stuck on this as well.
    pinkie23

Answer by pinkie23 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No play til after homework is done. Do homework at the dining room table with a snack and you sitting with them while they work. TV should be off before they get home and if necessary to keep them from turning it on, unplug it. If they need something for background noise......a radio softly in the background. If they are able to do most of their homework without your help, you sit and read or do a crossword, or sudoku, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Work before play

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i agree work 1st no exceptions
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010