Period & Ovulation..

Can you get pregnant while on your period and can your body ovulate.
Here is the problem.
I have three kids and did not try now wanting to try for number 4 and having conception issues, so decided to use an ovualtion chart and it has not happened based off best days to try.
My periods are normal & my exams are fine.
Could my body be ovulatiing earlier,since the opk's are not showing anything during what should be the peak times.
Can your body change these peak times,since nothing else shows concern with my reproductive health.
My last baby will be one in a few months.
Any ideas ? or to help with conception ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• BUY TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILIY - IT IS AMAZING. THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO IT THAN JUST THAT. AND YEAS YOU COULD OVULATE SOONER OR LATER THAN THE BEST DAYS TO TRY. YOU ALSO HAVE TO CHECK THE QUALITY OF YOUR CERVICAL MUCUS AND CERVICAL POSITIONING.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 9:35 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• "Can you get pregnant while on your period and can your body ovulate."

You could have sex during the last days of your period and if the conditions are right then healthy sperm might be able to survive long enough for you to ovulate, if you ovulate early in your cycle. Not likely but possible.
    You cannot ovulate while on your period. Hormones would prevent that.
    Ditto to the first response, great book, read it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• my doc told us to have sex every other day from the time i stop my period til the time i start and to prop my butt up in the air for 15 mins after sex...it's worked so far we've gotten pg 3 times in a year just having issues keeping them....but we don't currently have children so we have lots of practicing time....hope it helps
    longing2beamoth

Answer by longing2beamoth at 1:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2008