Has anyone experience their new borns having acid reflux?

jazzygenie

Asked by jazzygenie at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• omg yes. my second daughter had terrible reflux she threw up and spit up ALL THE TIME......she was also colicy.....she loved to nurse though so the dr never put her on any meds for the spitting up bc she was gaining weight.
    ProudMama4ever

Answer by ProudMama4ever at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, my youngest had it so bad the pediatrician prescribed meds for it. I also had to change to special formula. She eventually grew out of it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yes, ma'am. Not a fun time. check out this website. by far the most helpful acid reflux forum EVER.

http://www.infantrefluxdisease.com/infant_acid_reflux/
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, both of my boys were refluxers. My oldest had silent reflux, so he didn't throw up. The acid would go into his throat and stay there, just burning. He wasn't diagnosed until he was three months old, when he was starting to refuse to eat and was crying around 20 hours a day. He was put on Prevacid and Reglan and was like a different child. He had no problems nursing after that, didn't cry all day, and was happy. When my youngest started showing signs of refluxing when he was a couple of weeks old, we immediately started treating him. Both outgrew their reflux at around a year old.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I will say that if left untreated.... it increases your childs chance of getting asthma tremendously. We stopped the acid reducers sooner than we should have and now our kiddo has asthma. And he's back on acid reducers now at 4. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yep. There is medication your doctor can give you child. The sooner you get treatment, the easier it will be for your child to gain the weight they are supposed to.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Yes, my son has had reflux his whole life. If you think your child has reflux and is in pain, don't let a doctor get away with, "Its just colic, (s)he'll outgrow it," or, "(S)He's gaining weight fine so we aren't going to treat it." DS took Zantac as an infant (it worked all right, but he was never as good as he could have been) and is now on Prevacid, which works wonderfully.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 9:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010