What are some good techniques to lessen stress?

pinkie23

Asked by pinkie23 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Health

• My Dr. always says just take a few minutes for yourself,then take some deep breathes,then just close eyes and see something nice,like the ocean..
    CharTalks

Answer by CharTalks at 10:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Long walk, chocolate, plenty of time doing things....
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• A walk, a hot bath, read, deep breathing, listening to music, a nap.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yoga!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• The thing when I read is I get tense to find out what happens next even when I have read the book. I have a really bad back.
    pinkie23

Comment by pinkie23 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• 1st, realize it and try to identify what prompted or triggered this physiological reaction. I find it hepful to relax the shoulders back down and breathe from your diaphragm instead of your shoulders. Notice how babies breathe by watching their tummies(diaphragm) rise and fall, you should do the same. Positive self-talk is good. Remove yourself from the stresful situation if you can. Have quiet time. Some of my riends like Yoga to assist with this.
    Mommameeah

Answer by Mommameeah at 10:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• journal, talk therapy (see a therapist weekly or biweekly to get whatever is bothering you out), write what is on your plate (on a paper plate), sometimes visually is better to access what is going on.., hot bath, nice quiet walk (doesn't have to be far). I sometime drive (across the street and sit in my car just to watch the river- it just happens to be a quiet place for me, listening to guided imagery (usually a tape or CD that you listen to while relaxing that takes you on a meditative journey lasting 10 to 30 min long)- I have 6 of these. I love them, cup of hot tea (tis the season),
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• After posting, I looked up just stress relief:
    here is a site you can try... alot of suggestions here:
    http://stress.about.com/od/tensiontamers/a/stressrelievers.htm
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 10:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Sleep, exercise, drink lots of water, and if financial, brainstorm on how to reduce debt and increase savings.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Thanks everyone!
    pinkie23

Comment by pinkie23 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2010