Would it bother you if some one owed you and apology...?

I feel like whatever was wrong isn't settled unless some one admits they were wrong/apologizes. Not something small. My FIL spread rumors about me and DH when he lived with us last year. He is extremely two faced. It really bothers me because no one ever says any thing to him about his behavior. He stressed me out pretty bad while I was pregnant with all the hateful things he said. We were going out of our way to help him when he got out of jail and he took advantage of living here for free, too. DH said the last time he visited his Dad that he planned on letting him know we didn't appreciate all the mess he started. That didn't happen because there were people around. DH & kids went to visit again this evening, but I have my doubts about DH bringing it up. Would it bother you if you never got so much as an acknowledgment that FIL was wrong?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• i feel that an apology is closure so yes it should be said so every could move on. I am in a similar situation with sil. She has talked about my dh and I, even posted things on facebook. We have been around her but it seems like the whole time is full of tension. It would go a long way if she came clean and admitted she was wrong. So I do agree with you
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No one ever OWES someone an apology. an apology should be the freely recognizing of having done wrong and wanting to make amends, even if just a verbal admission. sounds like this guy is NOT worth anyone's time that way. tough love. stop allowing him in your life, access, or anything to do with your family unit. as far as rumors. anyone who KNOWS YOU and is worth GETTING TO KNOW if you didnt know them, would completely disreguard rumors and lies. specially from someone who seems to have had a lifetime of disfunction. let it go, for your own sake.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Oh hell yeah i would be bothered and I wouldnt even bother staying in contact with someone who took advantage of e and treated me they way he treated you guys
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• P. S. I think I definitely should get an apology for him saying that I caused him to have a stroke. He also said that I wanted to "put him out" in our finished shop, which was my DH's idea to give him privacy...and he told his parole officer that I wouldn't take him to AA meetings because I was pregnant. Of course he also said that he paid our bills. HA! Like he could afford it.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• It would bother me more that your husband hasn't stuck of for you and demanded an apology.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• @mommy of two388= DH can talk to him all he wants but I don't care to associate with him.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• You know, when I've said that to DH, he gets all pissed off at me like it's MY fault his Dad is a tool. He doesn't want to "rock the boat."
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No one owes me anything. They can just be far away from me and I won't deal with them anymore. I don't want an apology because I feel I'm owed one. I want it because THEY believe they need to apologize. That's just me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would just appreciate it because it would mean that he respected us enough to say he was wrong. He hasn't seen our kids but once in over 6 months because he won't come here since he started so much crap.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• He is the one missing out on their lives. That is HIS choice.

YOUR husband needs to step up and tell his dad to make it right. If he won't then he needs to tell him he won't see him again until he does. Your husband need to respect you enough to stand up for you.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2010