Should this man resign?

"This behavior showed a lack of respect, not only for my position but for the young woman that was involved," he said from the courthouse in Chilton in remarks carried live by Wisconsin television stations. "My behavior was inappropriate. I'm embarrassed and ashamed for the choices that I've made and the fault was mine alone."

The statement marked the most remorse Kratz has shown since acknowledging Wednesday he sent 30 text messages in three days to the 26-year-old woman last October, causing her to report the harassment to police.

In one, the 50-year-old asked whether she was "the kind of girl that likes secret contact with an older married elected DA." In others he called her a "tall, young, hot nymph" and questioned whether her "low self-esteem" was to blame for her lack of interest. At the time, he was prosecuting her ex-boyfriend on strangulation charges.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW They should make him resign. That is beyond inappropriate!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If he won't resign, they need to find out what they have to do to remove him from office. This is disgusting behavior from someone who is supposed to be a victim's advocate! And then he has the nerve to say this -- Kratz said he had also met with his staff this week to discuss policy changes "to ensure this kind of thing won't reoccur." He declined to elaborate. WTH does THAT mean??? To me, it sounds like he is going forward as if HE was not personally involved in this! I hope that the victim can sue him and take him to the cleaners, he needs to learn a huge lesson!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I wonder if Wisconsin has an elected or appointed DA. The appointed DA will be a whole lot easier to just fire right out. Besides being a pure perv., he should be prosecuted for abuse of power. What is wrong with people?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• He should be fired or forced into resignation. There's no excuse for that type of behavior, particularly with the position he holds. That is a huge abuse of power among other things. It's just creepy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• He should be fired and than prosecuted.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Nates, beat me to it!! LOL

However, Clinton SHOULD have stepped down, and so shouldn't this guy REGARDLESS of his political affiliation!! What's good for the goose and all...

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow. He should totally be forced to resign.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Bill Clinton did not resign, don't see why this guy should.

Sweet-n-sour, you was just defending Clinton for what he did just a few days ago. This guy must have a R after his name or you would have never posted it..

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• He should, or be fired. That should be illegal if it isn't already
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Friggen creepy. Yuck.

Yeah, he should step down. Unfortunately, people with any inkling of power rarely understand when it's time to let go of it. They cling on to it for dear life and end up making themselves look even more creepy in the long run.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2010