You see an old friend in public. exchange numbers. do you call?

Ive seen an old friend a few times in public. He sees me is UBER excited (as i am) to see me. lots of hugs/smiles. we exchange numbers. and that is IT.. (until 3yrs later when we bump into each other again)

We grew up together. very close. His family practically adopted me most summers..
We are myspace friends (both with pretty much no longer use) And I have just found him on Facebook..
I did (1 time) in the past "go out of my way" to show I still cared for the family (went to a benefit for his brother), and nothing came of it..

Well, I have anxiety (in general). And its hard to make phone calls - even dr appointments!! So im stressing. Part of me wants to call. Part of me says let it be. Let him call. Or respond to FB request.

So are u the one that calls? Or do you wait for the call?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I say just friend him on Face book. I keep in touch with many old friends that way. I NEVER make phone calls.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I probably wouldn't call because I have a lot of anxiety about making phone calls too. I would kind of hope the person wouldn't call me, either. Well, I guess it would depend on who it was. Sometimes it's great to see someone briefly but you don't fit in each other's lives anymore. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could send him a message on facebook, or text him if you really want to meet up.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 10:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• FB, start off with small conversation. Then feed off it, if the topic of movies or dinner comes up, roll with it. Good luck!
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 10:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I agree with lady --remember the phone works both ways. He could easily call you too. HOwever if you feel it is worth the effort then take the first step.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would call him
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Depends on if I really want to get back in touch or just want to keep it the way it is. Almost sounds like he wants to keep it the way it is.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would try to call but it's up to them to make an effort as well.
    Sometimes life is so crazy and busy that you lose touch and you just don't have time fr old friends anymore or to keep up with them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Thats how I thought after I showed up after the benefit.. I felt embarrassed kinda.. But I loved the guy that passed away & felt bad since i didnt know about his funeral. I wanted to help with $$ (in 10yrs the mom lost 2 kids!- the 1st was my bff growing up) and just show my love..
    But I left the benefit feeling "OK move on.. You myspaced them.... then this... if they dont write on myspace, you know the past is the past" (2yrs ago).. But last night i seen their whole family out.. it wasnt just hi glad to see ya. we where invited to sit at their table (we sat at the table next to theirs, but i talked to them plenty- seeing them made my anxiety go out of the roof & seeing the mom it was hard not to fall apart (i still miss my bff. I still look for the other son that passed when i see them & i cant imagine her pain).
    Me & The mom exchanged #s & emails (im thinking of emailing her) and again the son gave me his cell..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010