I have a situation....need advice

so while i was washing dishess with the window open...i witnessed my neighbor hitting my cat with a garden hoe a huge one! he was shaking the fence and i heard him yelling at the cat... my cat was so distraught, shaking and i heard a klump like it hit my cat and my cat meowed really loud... she didnt want to jump off the fence yet cuz its too high.. but when i called her name she jumped off the fence on my lawn, i grabbed her and put her inside my home.. i called the sherriffs dept to report animal cruelty.. i dont like making false assumptions but all my previous animals i had all disappeared... please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Pets

• I think you saw what happened to all your pets. People who could be mean to animals are low real low. I hope the sherrif takes them to jail...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I think you did the right thing if you and the neighbor are not on a regular speaking pattern if so u could have talked to the neighbor
    ms_meko

Answer by ms_meko at 10:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I definitely would go and confront her!!! But, thats just me! I think that you also did the right thing by calling the authorities!! I would try and find MORE "authority" figures to call. Possibly get an officer to accompany you over there, and just ask...Is there a problem between you and my animals, because it appears to me that there is. Maybe, don't take an officer, they may not want you to confront her, but personally I WOULD!
    bcnul8a

Answer by bcnul8a at 10:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If nothing happens from calling the sheriff then call the animal police. aspca i think it's called. I'm a big animal rights person and i will put someone in their place for mistreating animals....these people used to live across from me and actually asked me if they could have my cat for dinner. i was like no!!
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• If your neighbor is being cruel to animals my question would be what else is buried in his yard. I would pursue ti further with the Police and take my cat to the vet to document any injuries done to your cat.

What's to say he won't go loco on one of the neighborhood kids or another adult...or what if he already has but no one spoke up.

Speak up now and get on record.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I'd keep my cat in the house or leash train them to keep them in your yard. Some people are so mean to animals. I just don't understand! I have three cats of my own and they are my babies. I hope you can press charges. At least scare the crap out of your neighbor and have the police go and talk to them. But I bet they tell you to try and keep your animals in your own yard. Which as I know, is next to impossible when it comes to curious kitties. Good Luck!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i don't think what she did was right, but i hate when other people's pets come in my yard and use the bathroom, it's bad enough my pets do it...was your cat on "her fence" or yours?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• OMG! Unfortunatley animal cruetly laws are very VERY poor, and you probably won't get much help. If I were you I would keep my cat indoors from now on. And I would absolutley say something to my neighbor!! No one has the right to do that!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I would have called the police as well...I hope it all gets taken care of.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• i would defnately keep the cat indoors. I would also speak to the neighbor. I dont know how you didnt go balistic watching him do that:)
    babybutastink

Answer by babybutastink at 11:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2010