My husband constantly accuses me of having an affair - not at all true. I am at my wits end! I often feel like I have to "report" my whereabouts and doings to him. He's taking classes (sort of "anger management") on how to deal with his insecurities - but inbetween classes, he's back to accusatory ways. I am in my peri-menopausal stage and sex isn't something I'm into as much as before.

We've only been together 5 years (married 2years); we have no children together, but we do have children from previous relations.

ladycertz

Asked by ladycertz at 10:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• It sounds like he has paranoid personality disorder. My DH suffers from this and would always accuse me of cheating. ALWAYS. Just like you, I walked on egg-shells around him. Turns out he is the one who cheated. I have no advice for you other than to RUN because it will get worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Usually the one making accusations of cheating are trying to cover up their own cheating. D:
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Couples Counseling. Also SOMETIMES when one accuses the other it SOMETIMES means they are guilty of something.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Someone who accuses someone that much with no proof that you are is the one most likely straying and his guilt is making him accuse you to take any guilt off of him. Ask him if he is next time because you know you aren't. See how he reacts his response should let you know immediately.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 10:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Couples counseling. Otherwise I would leave.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Then call him constantly to tell him where you are, and what you are doing. I mean, constantly. Give him updates like every half hour. It should take him no time at all to get tired of it, and stop his nonsense.
    You can also tail him one day, and check his phone. See if HE'S the one stepping out.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• 1. Has he been married in the past & been cheated on. You may be getting the remnants of an ex (wife/gf).
    2. Have either of you been married before?
    3. Does he know anyone who has been effected by cheating (was his mother/father a cheater?)
    4. Is this your whole relationship? or did it start suddenly?..
    5. Maybe you should ask him WHY would he think that.
    6. Ask him if he has a guilty conscience...

Good Luck!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• my hubby is also like yours and i hate that feeling....i just keep on praying...he is older than me 15 years gap....i am here if you need to talk....
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Not having a sex drive can be very hard for a man to understand ! Maybe trying to please just him asking him to let it be all about him you be the giver and he the reciever.
    3girlsnohair

Answer by 3girlsnohair at 11:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Keep talking to him, and be reassuring to him. Talk, talk, talk.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2010