Stupid question lol... Do I have to rinse my baby off after a bubble bath??

I've seen in movies that when the mommies are bathing their kids with bubbles they just get a towel and take them out... I always rinse him afterwards then take him out... do i have to ?? lol just wondering. THANKS LADIES

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 9:43 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mmm.. I don't guess that it's completely necessary, but I always do. I don't get out of the tub all soapy, so I don't do that to the kiddo either.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Well I'm not really sure if you really need too, but I always rinsed them off, or myself even if I take a bubble bath...because I felt leaving the soap on them would dry their skin, or make them itch. I think it's best to rinse them!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would rinse definitely. You never know if they urinate in the water.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I would rinse. I get itchy and irritated when the bubbles dry on me
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:16 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS CAUSE I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT BEFORE. AND THANK YOU LADIES FOR ALL THE ADVISE. I WILL MAKE SURE TO RINSE MY LITTLE ONE OFF NOW. I FEEL SO BAD, CAUSE NOW I AM WONDERING IF HER SKIN HAS BEEN ITCHY NOW. :(
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• hmmm..i never rinse my daughter off after her bubble bath..like i do..but with the same water just to get all the bubbles off..i never use "clean, fresh" water tho..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• NO UNLESS YOU USE TO MUCH SOAP ??? I WOULD GET A CUP OF CLEAN WATER TO RINSE HER/HIS HAIR !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Did you know that too much soap can even cause UTI's! seriously!

Yes, we need to rinse our babies. The soap will dry on the skin and can cause itching and irritation.

In the winter months a good coating of lotion after a bath will prevent dry and chapped skin.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2008