Father-in-law's dog... pt 2

I'm not a total anti- animal bitch, so let me add a little more detail to this problem- When my inlaws got the dog, we had recently adopted a tiny, sickly kitten. He had just warmed up to us around the time my I.L's brought their dog over- he attacked our kitten!! They didn't do anything and after pushing their dog off me while protecting our kitten, I finally had to lock the poor thing in the laundry room until they left. Shortly after, I was following my newly crawling 10 month old through my bedroom and she stopped and reached forward as I turned the light on to see her little hand reach for a puddle of dog piss that was dripping off MY BED!! My FIL found this to be hysterical! We politely asked that given we have a baby and a kitten to please not bring the dog any more- a yr later they still do!! My baby is almost 2 now and we have a 7 mo. old- my husband cussed them out before they understood we were dead serious!!

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Birthday parties at our house, the dog would be jumping up on people begging for food, he's brought flea infestations into our home, and we confront them everytime and ask them nicely, I know he's a little dog, but for every stop to say hi, they could leave the truck running for a few minutes..... They have never liked me because I'm a stay at home mom, so after all this time I feel like they do it just to piss me off. It's not that he's a bad dog, he just has bad owners that won't take the time to train him properly. He BIT my son once, and they laughed. Said it was my son's fault for scareing him. When it happened, my son was reaching for his shoe that was a good two feet from the dog....not running, or goofing off- yeah- so he's scared of the dog still and that's never mattered to them! :( I love my brother's dog but he spend alot of time training and grooming him- I'm not anti pet, I'm just anti-stupid pet owners.....
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• they should respect you simple as that. it is your home not theirs after all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2010