Are your grocery stores and restruants freezing cold?

All the stores and restruants I go to are freezing cold,I don't know why they do this,it's a waste of energy.I've had to ask them to turn it down at restruants several times because I forgot my jacket?I could see the waitresses and cooks getting hot but it's not like they are running back and forth to tons of tables,most times the restruants aren't that crowded.The grocery stores are terribly cold,I understand they have to keep produce and other things fresh but I remeber a time I didn't have to freeze my butt off in a store,why is this happening?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• used to have that problem in the grocery store where we used to live. Not so much anymore...
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• usually the restaurants are hot..and i complain about it being that way...lol..and stores are warm...but i am ALWAYS hot, so i would like to be cold..im a winter person
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Usually my grocery store is burning up at the register, those poor clerks. But on the flip side, after I leave my office where I work to do field work, they turn the flippin air up to north pole temps,,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Grocery stores usually keep it cool because the produce will last longer in cooler temperatures. But coming from experience, I have worked in the kitchen in a restaurant and it's always hot back there with everything going. They keep it cooler so the workers won't get too hot. A person can't take but so much heat. Play it safe, when you go out, grab a sweater just in case, that way you will be prepared.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010