Are your kids afraid of thunderstorms?

My little one woke up at 4:30 this morning running in our room crying cause of a thunderstorm we were having. I was already kind of up from it and prepared for Samuel to run in..lol. I heard it in my sleep and woke up. -.-

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 11:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not really. If there's a loud thunder BOOM, she may get a little scared, but other than that, no. We like to sit on our porch and watch the show when storms pass by.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• My 11 yrs old son is still afraid of thunderstorms. He grabs a blanket gets on the couch and lays on somebody all covered up from head to toe. I pray that we won't have one at bedtime because he doesn't want to go to bed.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My DD is scared of it & she's 20 yrs old, UGH!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:54 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• YES... BUT NOT ANY MORE
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 4:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No.  They love to sit in the garage and watch them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Only when they have heard on the news a Tornado or other storm is on the way!
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• They love them! The noiser the better for them. I was like that as a kid. Such excitement when a storm comes in....
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 8:04 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No, but my Samuel is afraid of the dark!
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 9:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• They have a hard time with it. Especially my daughter. If it starts, she runs to her bedroom and gets under the covers. She usually falls asleep. Her brothers always give her a hard time. But there are a few times when lighting was happening at the same time, they were having a hard time handleing it too! They're so funny!!! But the worst ones are our dogs! They run in and jump in bed with us!!! Of course, the kids would soon follow suit because the dogs howling woke them up. Good thing we have a California King!!! LOL
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 12:17 AM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Nope.... it used to startle them, but now we sit in the picture window and watch the storm... I love it!! I have also explained what it really is and not made up stories - I think that helps.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:38 AM on Sep. 20, 2010