Are your grocery stores and restruants freezing cold?

All the restruants and grocery stores I go to are freezing!It feels good on a hot day but this is happening even during winter time!I don't know why they are doing this,it's a waste of energy!I can see the cook and waitresses getting hot but they aren't running back and forth to tables,the restruants are always not crowded.The grocery stores are terribly cold!I understand they have to keep produce and other things fresh but I remember a time when I walked through a store without freezing my butt off!Why are they doing this?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 11:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• YES!!! Every time we go to the grocery store or restaurant during the summer, I ALWAYS bring a sweatshirt/sweater.......they're always freezing!!! I want to enjoy my dinner or not freeze while I'm shopping! Yes, you are NOT alone! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I heard somewhere that it is to get people in and out quickly. They don't want to linger very long if it's cold. I don't know if that's true or not. But I agree that it's a waste when it's so cold you have to wear a ski parka and mittens to eat dinner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I freeze all the time too!!!!! I know exactly what you mean!!! I am a thin person but when I was pregnant both times I was considerably heavier and froze still. I take in jackets and a blanket for my lap sometimes. If I am very cold I can't eat so I kinda have to. I sometimes have low blood and from what I understand that can cause it too. But I've always been a thin person and like you I remember a time when you could wak into a public place and not freeze!!!!!! If you want my honest opinion why its common these days, its because our nation is mostly obese and they tend to get super overheated and therefore the stores cater to them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Have you recently lost weight?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• No,but Iam sensitive to cold air,I do get cold easily,but I'm sure other people are irritated by this,I just have to remember to bring a jacket when I go out to eat or grocery shop.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2010

• I didn't read the other answers before I answered, but Anon is definitely on to something.......I have heard that as well.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I've worked in restaurants all my life. There's no conspiracy about the temperature. In fact, it's mostly purely reactionary. Overnight the thermostat is set to whatever the energy saving temperature is. When the manager comes in the next morning, it's either freezing/roasting in there, so they adjust it.

Whatever they adjust it to needs to be fixed again when more staff starts to arrive, and again when guests arrive, and again when the rush is over, and again when the dinner rush starts. Since restaurant people have 800 things to do, at least three of those adjustments get missed until someone complains it's cold/hot/unbearable.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I just read of a lady who was eating at a freezing cold restruant and she said it was freezing cold, to counteract the bacteria.
    countingsparows

Comment by countingsparows (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• there's 1 store that every time i go in there its freeeeeezingg!! i went there tonight and walked in and was like darn i knew i should've worn pants its always tooo cold in here!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep
    Mom2Dano

Answer by Mom2Dano at 5:37 PM on Sep. 19, 2010