Usually my period is very regular every 28 or 29 days, but this month it was 8 days late. I am trying to get pregnant- should I calculate my ovulation from the usual period date, or the late period?

my last period was aug13-16, and the next one was suppose to be sep10-13, but no period and negative tests but anyway, i would like to know the answer to my question sorry for running on, really didnt get a real answer for the question similar to this couple of days ago so hopefully i get something this time since im reposting

BabyNya913

Asked by BabyNya913 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You still haven't had your period? or you did just 8 days late? If you haven't had your period dont go by the negative HPT's make a doctors appointment and get a blood test. If you were 8 days late i would calculte from the late period date
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You're going to start counting your cycle days starting the first day of bleeding, regardless of when you started.
    Also you do know that you don't count forward but you count backward 14 days from the start of your next period to GUESS at your ovulation date. Are you charting?

Good Luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:01 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• hahaha score! thumbs down for me! yesssssssssss
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• @ roadfamily6now- i havent had any bleeding at all, i counted back and it gave me the 24th, i thought if u have no period u dont ovulate but i heard some woman still do is that true
    @perfectlove910- i still havent come on yes i kno, but im getting so discouraged that i think the blood test is gonna be negative also, but either way i gotta want till tuesday cause the office not open on mondays,
    BabyNya913

Comment by BabyNya913 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• who gave u a thumbs down
    BabyNya913

Comment by BabyNya913 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I did not thumbs down anyone. :(

BabyNya913 - So you have NOT started your period and you are now 8 days late. If you are not pregnant, what other stresses are going on in your life? Are you taking any fertility meds like Clomid? Those can mess up your cycles.
    Are you just coming off a hormonal birth control like Depo or the pill? Those can also mess up your cycles.

It is true that you can ovulate and not have a period but it is rare. You can also have your period and NOT ovulate.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no other stresses and no clomid( by the way wat is that). i was off the pills starting june and they were ortho tri cyclen lo.
    BabyNya913

Comment by BabyNya913 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010