If one tube doesn't work, will the other keep having periods monthly or will you skip? adult content

I know this is something I should be asking my doctor, but I found out a year ago that one of my fallopian tubes is clogged or I just don't have one. And for as long as I can remember my periods have been abnormal but I still get the on a monthly basis. So I was wondering if one doesn't work will the other keep having periods on a monthly basis or will you skip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• You will continue to have a period, your fallopian tubes do not control your monthly cycle but what it does mean is that most likely you will ovulate only once every OTHER month.
    When you ovulate, ONE ovary produces a mature egg and releases it. Then the other side will do all the work next month. Since one of your tubes is blocked, you wont have an egg come down that tube and it's chances of becoming fertilized are sim to none since probably no sperm can get through either.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The uterine walls still need to sluff off the blood cells monthly so it doesn't matter if there is no egg to implant, you still will have a period monthly
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't think you will necessarily skip
    kimbee0212

Answer by kimbee0212 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• You will probably still have a monthly period. My sil had to have one tube and ovary removed due to a tubal pregnancy. She had normal periods after. The dr. told her she would have a hard chance getting pregnant though, if at all. Although, she is due in 3 weeks :)
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010