Ambien. Do you take it?

I just got prescribed it and it's not working. It's supposed to help me fall asleep and stay asleep well I took it at 9pm est and it's now 12:34 am..I am awake!! Wondering if I should take another seeing as it's 4 hours later and I'm wide awake.

My next appointment with this doc is in 2 weeks. He said to keep trying it. I'm thinking the dosage is low. Anyone take two pills at bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• no, i dont and i would call dr asap before taking too many.
    ann22

Answer by ann22 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• what dose are you on? i was on 10mg and it didnt do shit for me. try restoril it works better.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It dosen't work for me either. It just makes me kinda high. Restoril definatly works for me but it has some wierd side effects for me too, like memory loss, i would post online things that made no sense at all and not even remember being online, sleep eat....i woke up one night with a half eaten hot dog in my lap and some gold fish crackers LOL.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i take it - 10 mg per pill - one pill before bed - you should be able to get 8 hours of uninteruppted sleep with that dosage - do not up the dosage or take 2 pills on your own - bad things could happen to you - please call your doctor immediately- do not wait until your next appointment - tell him the problems you are having - he might up the dosage or put you on another sleeping meds - but do not ever take your medication into your own hands - especially one as powerful as ambien - good luck!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010