Help.... when i put my lil man to bed, he screams for an hour straight at the top of his lungs. what do i do? what can i do? need help

michellem7781

Asked by michellem7781 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you know he is allright leave him be, I went through that with my oldest daughter and she had to cry it out and some time I sat in the living room crying too. LOL. But you can maybe play him so soothing music, rain, ocean sounds and that may sooth him or even a night light.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• IF IT WERE ME I'D PICK HIM UP, BUT MY 8 YEAR OLD ONLY LEFT MY BED BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID SHE'D SMOTHER MY NEWBORN WHO NOW SLEEPS WITH ME. I MAY NOT BE THE BEST ONE TO GIVE ADVICE ON THIS CAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IN LETTING BABIES CRY IT OUT.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:02 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• How old is your baby? If he's under 6 months, I would say don't let him CIO. But if he's older, I would make sure nothing is hurting, or aching.. I always go in every 10 mins or so and lay my son back down, give him something to hold onto, put his paci back in and let him be. If he does it for too long, I let him stay up a little longer. If he is genuinely tired, then he usually falls asleep with no trouble. Also, if he's having trouble falling asleep, teething tablets do the trick on my son. He falls asleep immediately after eating them. Good luck!
    iluvpink0701

Answer by iluvpink0701 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If your baby is older (over 5 or 6 months), I'd let him cry until he falls asleep. You may want to try some tylenol in case he's teething. I also used Ibuprofin too. If it's not teething... try giving a warm bath first with a relaxing 5-10 minutes of story time. That helps my kids fall asleep. Once he gets into the routine, hopefully he'll fall asleep faster for you. If your baby is younger, you may want to have a doctor check him out. Maybe he has reflux or something like that.
    jkmom2007

Answer by jkmom2007 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I saw your profile and your baby is only a couple of month's right? I think that at least until there a yr old they don't scream b/c there spoiled. Take a breath, pick him up and do what it take's to ease him. My daugter went through a phase like that, I even took her to the ped to get her ear's checked. Nothing was wrong but there are alot of issue's. There's teething, gas, and unfortunatly babies can't tell you what's wrong. Are you sure he's not staying hungry?? If nothing would work I would give my daughter some tylenol, take her a bath and give her a bottle, this would work for me.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• WHAT IS WRONGFWITH HOLDING HIM ROCKING HIM TO SLEEP SOME PARENTS JUST DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THERE BABY ANYMORE I LOVED TO ROCK HER TO SLEEP ! BUT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME THEN GIVE HIM A PACIFER OR SOME KIND OF TOY !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Hold your baby. CIO is harmful. Do some research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• At your child's age CIO is NOT recommended, even by the CIO advocates. Leaving an infant to cry for an hour straight is abuse plain and simple. Also CIO is NOT leaving a child to cry until they fall asleep, that is ignoring your child for your own benefit. If you want a secure child and a child who cries less later attend to his cries immediately building a level of trust. All baby wants is mama, why should he be denied of that?  Could you imagine not understanding why when you are desperately crying for your protector the protector won't come?  It is rather heartbreaking to think of a child crying out for help and being ignored.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008