Were you planning a Natural (drug free) Childbirth and did you have one?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 12:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no and no. i consider myself sane lol. j/k
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• With my first, yes, an unmedicated vaginal birth in a hospital. With my second I was a huge failure to my own convictions and was pressured into an epidural I didn't want, it was a vaginal birth, in a hospital. My last was a wonderful unmedicated water birth, in a free standing birth center.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• NO! BUT I HAD ONE CAUSE BABY WAS BORN @ 6MONTHS AND I COULD GET ANYTHING @ THE TIME IT WAS 2 DAME LATE AND HURT LIKE HELL!
    kandykane1

Answer by kandykane1 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes. I had a water birth at home. It wasn't miserable. I did hypnobirthing for comfort. I did get really hungry though.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I had an all natural waterbirth it was the best decision I made. I wanted to experience all the feelings that came with childbirth.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes and yes. I had an unmedicated birth in a hospital. A good place to start if you're considering it, is the film "The Business of Being Born." From there there are tons of amazing resources about taking charge of your birthing process.
    RozyMama

Answer by RozyMama at 1:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wanted a drug free birth...it did NOT happen though...she came early and there were too many complications to avoid it. life rarely goes as planned. :)
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 1:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes! The business of being born is a great movie!
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes, I planned and had them with my babies.
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Heck no! i wanted drugs going into the whole thing and i got and epidural with both of my kiddos! Best choice i've ever made. and i would have an epidural again if i ever got prego again. NO WAY would i go all natural! i'm not too big on the watermelon through the garden hose idea! lo!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 19, 2010