Are you a horrible conversationlist irl? How do you deal?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 1:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't talk. If someone talks to me I say something then wait for them to say something back, then wait for that awkward pause until they decide they're bored and walk away. LOL
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 3:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• you could google good conversation starters or do what i do and just put in your two cents and jump in with sarcastic one liners :p
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 7:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I believe being a good conversationalist is being interested in the other person and listening to what they have to say.
    Right now, I cannot be concerned about talking to people.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't often engage in conversations IRL, unless its with close family/friends.

I'm socially anxious and self conscious.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I get extremely anxious in social situations. I honestly find the most remote corner and park myself there. Usually, though, most people find their way over to speak to me. Then someone finds out I home school or that my son has autism and I end up answering questions the rest of the night lol. I guess I'm a bit of an oddity (literally lol).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 19, 2010