• In the Spotlight:

Need advice.....Pls help

Ok I am 31w5d pregnant and it hurts to walk and move most the time I get a really bad pain in my...private area...and it is really bad sometimes. Other times it still hurts but not as bad. I asked my doctor about this and she said it sounds normal but with all the other complications I am having and the fact that it took them so long to figure out what was wrong in the first place makes me question her. Because I dont think it should hurt as bad as it does. I mean a little bit uncomfortable ok but enough pain to make it were I dont want to move...how can that be normal?? What would you do if you were in my position??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:06 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I did not have it quite that bad...but I think at the late stage you are at it may actually be normal. I sometimes had problems moving. I remember telling everyone it felt as if the baby was literally about to fall out because the pressure and pain was so intense. I could walk, but it was troubling sometimes. If you are truly worried, you could get a second opinion...but if it's in your groin area and not your stomach (as in, contractions) I would assume that it is just your baby's head moving down into the pelvis. It hurts worse for some than others, especially if you have a small pelvic area. I would advise you to relax as much as possible, maybe do as the pp said and see a chiropractor, and maybe massage the area to see if you can get baby into a more comfortable position. I remember when mine would move his head sometimes, the pain would ease up a bit. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 1:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Find a new care provider and a chiropractor.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2010