does your labor follow your mothers' pattern?

I'm wondering if any of you have noticed or if it's pretty true that the way, the length of time and overall pattern of labor resembles your mothers' for those that know?

seksychik

Asked by seksychik at 10:04 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • NOT AT ALL FOR ME.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:05 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No way1!! I wish! My Mom was only in labor for 6 hours and popped me out! I was in for 38 hrs and had an emergency c-section! Ugh....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Not at all... 3 totally different labors between my grandmother, my mom, and myself.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• no i was in labor for 12 hours then my son came out in 5 pushes, my mom has six kids and the shortest time she was in labor was like 24 hrs. and she pushed forever even with me, and i was only 2 pounds
    pumpkin2890

Answer by pumpkin2890 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I can't say because when my mom had us she was knocked out cold...then woke up to a baby!! I know my dd's labors have been fairly short, and so were mine.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My mom had an emergency csection with my oldest brother (ruptered placenta). Luckily, there is no genetic connection to having a ruptered placenta, HOWEVER I did have a csection.

Since she had a csection for her first pregnancy almost 30 years ago, she had to have ones for the rest of her births. I'll be going down that same path.

It's kind of funny because we compare our surgery scars :) Back then, and because it was an emergency, her incision was from her belly button down to her pubic hair. She's kind of jealous that I have a "bikini" incision :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Not like my mom, but I am a little like my sister. My first labor was one hour shorter than hers.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:51 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Nope, mine were all fast. My mom was in labor with me and my brother for over 10 hours each. i think up to 20 with my brother. Mine were all under 6 hours
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 10:55 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• both of my labors have been way different from my moms but as for the pregnancies they were just alike. everything i had with my son my mo had and everything i had with my daughter she had as well kinda weird.
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 11:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• my moms first was 4 /12 hours and my first was 4 hours and 20 minutes.. and my sisters was short also.
    JacklinDodd

Answer by JacklinDodd at 11:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008