Which one....

Newborn in his/her own room or in yours? And why??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both my babies slept in my room, we put the crib right by our bed. it's easier to keep an eye on them, and then if they wake up i'm sure to hear them. also it's not too far to get up and tend to their nightly needs. my dd is now 5 and was moved into her own room around 1, my ds is almost 6months and he's still in our room. i feel more comfortable having him in arms reach then if he was in his own room, at least at this age.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My dd slept in my room until she was almost 7 months old. It was just easier on me in the middle of the night. She did not sleep in my bed though. She had her bassinet then crib when she got too active for the bassinet. My husband also wasn't here, so there wasn't a worry of her affecting our grown up time lol. Once he came home though we put her in her room. Since she was already used to her own bed there was no hard adjustment, she did just fine.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• When our son was a newborn, we only had a one bedroom apartment, so he slept in our room, but he had his crib. Sometimes we did co-sleep, but it was not often. It made me nervous back then, I was heavy and he was so small. He got his own room around 3 months.

We do co-sleep sometimes (most nights he comes crawling into our bed and we're too tired to get up and move him back, LOL).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my son had a bed in our room til he was 3. Bad ... I know!
    GavinLeosMommy

Answer by GavinLeosMommy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2010