WHAT SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM BEING 11 WEEKS PREGNANT

IM JUST WONDERING LIKE WHAT FOODS,ACTIVITS OR ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD STAY AWAYFROM

EMMA-SOPHIE

Asked by EMMA-SOPHIE at 10:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you have a cat, dont change the litter box or always use a face mask and wear gloves....theres so many chemicals is cat litter that can be damaging to your little one. Cold- cuts as well. they have some bad bacterias that arnt good for your baby to take in
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Don't lift over 25 lbs, less if you can. Don't eat shellfish or sushi... not a lot of caffeine either... you should look it up, there are a few foods you shouldn't eat, like uncooked lunch meat. Just be careful in what your doing
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Smoking,drinking,drugs, certain meds before you take meds ask ur Dr. Limmit caffine there are certain fish u should not eat, I cant think of them at this moment, energy drinks, noraml activites you can do unless ur Dr said other wise.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I disagree with AshJoe05 ... you can eat fish and sushi. Just make sure it's the cooked stuff, like California rolls, Dragon rolls, etc.

Honestly, I didn't stay away from anything other than raw fish in sushi rolls. I drank my cup of coffee everyday, had fish a few times a week, and ate lunchmeat. Occasionally I would take a sip of my husbands beer or wine.

As for activities, I play ice hockey so I had to stop that immediately :) But I still coached and was on the ice until I was 7 months pregnant. If you live in a place with a moderate climate (I'm in MI and was pregnant in the winter), you could walk or ride your bike.

I gave birth to a healthy baby boy 5 months ago, with no problems.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You shouldn't have soft cheeses or processed meats, unless they are cooked. Don't eat undercooked meats. If you have any specific questions about something, you should talk to your doctor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Actually you CAN"T eat shellfish and certain types of fish, i didn't tell her she couldnt eat all fish. Sushi is raw... so that is obvious...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• To the women who say they didn't stop eating anything and their baby is fine- your lucky!!!!! there are serious problems that can occur if you dont follow certain guidelines, lots of women arent so lucky so dont give that advice to anyone
    Anonymous

• The reason you should avoid most fish and shellfish is because of the mercury content. Large fish (like shark) and shellfish have high concentrations of mercury which is very harmful to a fetus. You should check before eating any kind of fish. I cared more about the health of my baby than getting to eat what I wanted. I did not eat a single bite of fish while I was pregnant.
    You should also avoid artificial sweeteners. Go ahead and eat things with real sugar in it. Avoid caffiene. I switched to caffiene free pepsi while I was pregnant and when I was nursing. I actually prefer it now so I still drink caffiene free. Heat any kind of lunchmeat like bologna or hotdogs, even turkey and ham. If you have a craving and you are not sure you should have whatever you are craving, call and ask your doctor, or look it up online. My best friend ate the head off matches when she was pregnant and her doctor said it was fine.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008