Why does everyone think that their canidate going to be the savior of America?

Obama supporters think McCain will make the economy worse and McCain supporters think Obama will raise taxes to the extreme. Does anyone here think that we are headed for bad times no matter who wins?
(by the way this is generalization I am not saying everyone is like this)

gavrilmom

Asked by gavrilmom at 10:07 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ya it will be bad for a long time sitll no matter who gets it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• The media always makes things so much more dramatic then they are, that's why the future president is being made out to either be satan or the savior. If things do change, it still won't be for a while.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:15 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• No matter who wins, we are in for some tough times ahead. It's taken more than 8 years (this didn't ALL happen during Bush's time) to screw this up and it'll take just as long or longer to fix it in my opinion. The only "savior" we're going to get for America is God. Again, my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I think we all need to just make sure we can do all we can to take care of our own families- no matter who wins. Times are going to be tough for a while, there is really nothing much that either one can do for us till we all get out of this huge hole that we are in.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I don't think either is a savior. I think whoever wins will have a though job ahead.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:36 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I don't think either one is good for America. I do not like either candidate. Neither one can be trusted. I think the only thing we can do is pray. Neither can be a savior. There is only one Savior, God. I do think it is going to be tough for a while, but things will get better eventually.
    Anonymous

• I think the next president, whoever it may be, has a lot of crap to deal with.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm for McCain, but whether it be him or Obama--I don't envy the next President. Unfortunately, the next four years will be marred with our current crisis and any wrong move will be scrutinized. Ultimately they'll be blamed no matter what they do.

Eventually we will get out of this, but it's going to take a lot of time. I don't think that either candidate will have a balanced budget in four years; I don't think they'll be able to cut spending. Thankfully, the Iraqis and Bush's Administration are now working on a deal to get our troops out...but even that could take another three to four years.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 10:48 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I don't envy the next President. Unfortunately, the next four years will be marred with our current crisis and any wrong move will be scrutinized. Ultimately they'll be blamed no matter what they do.

I agree. I don't consider either candidate to be a "savior" of America.  But I do believe one will help more than the other, and that some of the other's policies WOULD do a lot of damage.

RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:06 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I'm voting for McCain and I'm not thinking of him as being any kind of Savior...I don't think he can walk on water?....it's going to take some divine intervention I believe to get us back on track though....perhaps Criss Angel...I hear he can walk on water! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 19, 2008