How many have spent their first anniversary alone? I can't be the only one...

Today is my first anniversary. My husband works doubles on weekends and usually stays the night at the facility to get more sleep. He works from 5 am until 1130pm. So today I will be alone. Well, not quite I guess. I will have my 4 year old daughter and my 8 year old brother. My parents are out of town just for the heck of it and I'm stuck babysitting. Happy freaking Anniversary to me... :-/

GoldenLinds

Asked by GoldenLinds at 1:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I have spent many anniversaries (and holidays and other special occassions) alone; hubby is a police officer and does not get weekends or evenings off very often. We still make a point to go out and celebrate, even if it's not on the actual day of our anniversary.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No you are not the only one. Remember that many Military Wife's spend lots of Holidays and Anniversaries alone.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• When hubby was in the military, he was gone for both of our birthdays, Thanksgiving and our anniversary (the reason I refused to have kids until AFTER he got out is I didn't want him missing everything!)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Thank you for your sacrifice and happy anniversary,,,so many hugs to you!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Happy Anniversary! Your not alone. My ex was in military so I spent many special nights alone. May not be the best thing but you have us:)
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 1:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No you aren't the only one. My husband was in the Navy at the time and was deployed and I was pregnant with no family or friends around. It was over 19 years ago and I still remember how I felt. He did send a gift and called a few days before but I was just so sad. We have had missed birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and miles stones because his job and he is police officer now and he always has to work on special moments even after almost 12 years on the job.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2010