did anyone get heart palpitations during pregnancy?

(irregular heartbeats) they are definitely noticeable. it feels like a big thump in my chest and it's almost breathtaking. then my heart beat stops for a beat or two then resumes, at a regular pace. i heard it could be from a variation of things. gestational diabetes, stress or the fact that your heart is pumping so much more blood? just curious if it's dangerous or not! i will talk to my doctor about it at my next appt next week.

LovinPeanut

Asked by LovinPeanut at 1:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had them this past month and still do. I would talk to your ob about them. It could be normal or it could be high blood pressure.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• my blood pressure is perfect.
    LovinPeanut

Comment by LovinPeanut (original poster) at 1:48 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I had this. I saw a cardiologist for it, mainly because I work in a cardiology office so it was convenient lol. I as really worried though, we did an EKG and a 24 hour holter monitor (a heart monitor you wear for 24 hours straight) and everything came back normal. For me it was just more blood flow and being more sensitive to noticing the faster beats. Definitely talk to your doctor though. Like you said it could be a number of things, but atleast you know that it could be nothing!! GL! =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:30 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i had this happen w/ all 4 of my pregnancys
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010