How can I get my 3yr old girl and 2yr old twin girls learn what listening to me means.( also how to teach them to listen to me and do what I'm asking without screaming or throwing fits....)

jennys3kidsmke

Asked by jennys3kidsmke at 1:28 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Explain that it is wrong to shout & yell & now it is time for TIME OUT until they thoroughly understand!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• quit yelling and screaming it gets only yelling and screaming back change the subject and change your tune with love, judy
    judy725

Answer by judy725 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• keep doing it over and over timeouts as well over and over
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have a 17mo testing the limits right now and I get the throwing the body on the floor, kicking and screaming fits in the middle of the store. I let her have a moment and I try to get her to listen to me by getting down on her level and tell her to look at me and when I have her attention I explain to her what she is going to do. Seems to calm her when I use a calm voice... but thats my kid... my sister tried the same with her DD and it never worked. Different kids. Good luck momma, just know that we feel for you
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 3:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010