Do you have a good relationship w/ your child's Dad?

I sure don't!

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes and no... he pisses me off and does really stupid stuff... BUT that said (and this def. took time and distance to get to) we have at the very least a civil and usually friendly relationship...
    I do everything I can to foster the relationship b/w him and the kids and I make sure to involve him in stuff (he lives in another state so its mostly by phone but i make the effort and get him to do the same)
    By the same token... I DO NOT tell the kids when he says he's comming and told him not to either UNTILL he's actually here (he's done the I'm coming / no show thing SEVERAL times)
    I try to take him at where he's at and although sometimes I get frustrated I REFUSE to let it get to me anymore... he's not my problem the kids are and I WILL do what is right for THEM.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:13 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My oldest daughter's bio dad can kiss my a**. So no I don't have a good relationship with him. I can't stand him and vice verse.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• no way not after he got married to my ex friend of mines...her insacurity makes me laugh...so sad to see women with so low low low self esteem...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:37 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• "He" was not there for the birth of our son (and pretty much the 13 years that followed) but we do have a civil relationship. I have never had to deal with custody issues and a lot of the unnecessary drama that most separated parents face. I do keep him updated on the major milestones that our son goes through. Open communication is best...but not always easy.
    thankful4itall

Answer by thankful4itall at 1:40 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• From the way its word I could tell you don't...

We get along great he is a wonderful husband and father. SOmedays I want to kick his butt but he can irritate me sometimes.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 1:41 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Well, it was his weekend and he was a no show,,,again,,,go daddy!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes I do. He's my best friend.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• oing to have to be one of the ones that I am pretty sure you weren't asking, since I am married to the father of my children, and say he is a wonderful father and a wonderful husband and we get along great! Although, there are times I could strangle him...
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yes, I am good friends with my first husband. I have tried to always talk well about him to the kids and be kind to him. Even when I was upset about things he did and tired of him lieing all the time. To me the kids come first and having a civil if not good relationship with a coparent is beneficial to the kids. It doesn't matter how I feel about him. I am married to the father of my girls.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Of course
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2010