Weight

My Son is 10 months old n he's only 17lbs. however he's like 3 feet tall. should i worry about his weight. I mean he eats if he c u with food he wants some as well even if he did just finish eatin

SJenn22

Asked by SJenn22 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NAH, AS LONG AS HES EATING, SOME BABIES ARE JUST SMALL.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• You should have your baby checked for worms., My brother's baby was tall and skinny - he ate everything in site... they found out he had worms... they gave him the meds for it and now he is at a good weight for his age.
    Anonymous

• I'd say as long as he is eating and gaining some weight over time he's fine. He may just be a small person. My last child was that way and still is, she's 13 now and only weighs 78 lbs. Are you or his father small? If it worries you mention it to his dr next time he's there. They will tell you what percental he's in. And if you mention your concern, they should let you know if there could be a problem....but I doubt if there is.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My 10m old daughter is 18lbs and 29in long. They say she is fine.

By the way jsut because you know someone that happened to dont mean you have to worry someone else about it.

And if you think there could be something wrong with him then ask your doctor.

Anonymous

• If you are really concerned about it, call your pediatrician. If they feel that he is perfectly healthy, then at least you have their support and don't have to worry as much. And it can always be noted as something to keep an eye out for later in future appointments.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• dont worry about it....hes tall and skinny...thats all
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i dont know... that sounds kind of scarry to me. My two month old is 12 pounds and 2 feet tall, which makes him tall and averaged weight but it makes him look thinner and he eats way more than most two month olds too but only 17 pounds??? Was he premee? What has your doctor said??
    youngmommi2be

Answer by youngmommi2be at 12:12 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Listen to your doctor. My daughter was in the 30th percentile for weight at her 4mo. appt and they wanted to keep an eye on it but said not to worry. If they think there is a problem they'll let you know and do some tests.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008