When to start?

Has anyone waited till age 6 to let their kids start school,and why?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:55 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Didn't send DS until he turned 6. We had the choice to have him be the oldest in the class or the youngest...he has a July birthday. We chose to let him be the oldest, because we knew that he just wasn't mature enough to go and now we are sooo happy with our choice. He is sailing through school and is emotionally on par with his peers.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:00 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• My daughter was just three weeks away from being six when she started school, and my son was 5 and a half. They are both doing really well, and have from the get go. Now, if only I could get my daughter to stop talking in class...
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I just heard something on the news about kids being misdiagnosed with ADHD simply because they started school too early and were not old enough to sit still and pay attention. I dont have this issue with my kids, both have and will start school at 5. Just depends on the kids readiness I guess.
    MamaZena

Answer by MamaZena at 9:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2010