I have an almost 3 year old who is developmentally delayed due to epilepsy and I need advise on changing diapers in a public place. She is beginning to outgrow the changing tables in the bathrooms. What do I do?

Savy is 36 inches tall and 32 lbs. and doesn't fit on the tables in the bathroom any more. I don't want to lay her on the nasty bathroom floors. Any suggestions?

savysmama

Asked by savysmama at 10:24 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Carry a toddler blanket just for those times when all you have is the bathroom floor option. Maybe store it inside out in a plastic shopping bag. Wash it in very hot water when you get home.

The fitting room is a good idea, too.

Can she stand for as long as it would take to use the training pull-ups? They work just like diapers, but you may have to change her more often.
    Anonymous

• MAYBE TAKE HER TO A FITTING ROOM IF THE STORE HAS ONE?
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 10:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Does she have to lay down. I started changing my son while standing up when he was around 1 1/2 years. That way we avoided the floors.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I make my son stand,he's staring to potty train now,and so hope it'll help.. Take the changing pad that comes with your diaper bag and have it with you.. Use a big stall if you can get into one that'll make it easier for you both to move around while changing .. Pull up's are good but like another poster said they'll have to be changed more often.. Try and Potty Train if you can..
    FaithNLove33

Answer by FaithNLove33 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I have to agree just carry a blanket with you and use the largest stall in the bathroom or even the fitting room seats. Training pants are good when they urinate but when they poo in them its harder. Change her before you leave the house that way you are more likely to make it home before the next change.
    AmericanChild82

Answer by AmericanChild82 at 2:57 AM on Oct. 19, 2008