does your baby have GERDS??

MY son is 3 months old and has bad reflux..hes had it since day one of his life:( the doctors say its common and he will outgrow it and prescribed prilosec and said I could pump a bottle and add rice cereal to my milk to help keep it down. My concern is the amount he spits up..its ALOT!! and they say its fine..does anyone else have the same issue where you feel like your baby is a spitting up faucet??

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 2:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hello how are you? my son is 2 years old and he has gerd. at the age of 17 months old he had neumonia. he lost v3 ounds within one month. he was in the hospital for two days. they took a test for gerd and yes he did have it. not any more though. He ahd to have surgery for it. He has a g-tube. well they call it a mickey. a small little button. and he had a nissen done. which is that they had to tighten a small part of his stomach. so he can't really burp through his mouth. he passes a lot of gas but i aslo air his stomach out with a part of his button. my son was diagnosed with infantile spasms. and he is disabled. but by me and other spraying for him god is laready healing him. it's taking time but he is has started rolling over since last year in december and he is laughing playing kicking around and he has started walking his walker. But would I suggest to you is you need to get a second opinion from a differnt dr. I had to.
    SCRAGIRL31

Answer by SCRAGIRL31 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Do yourself a favor. Go get out a tablespoon. Get some milk, or any liquid, and fill spoon, then toss on the counter/floor. Use 1-2 tablespoons, and see how much it LOOKS like when it's spilled? It kind of puts things into perspective. Spit up is often less then you think it is.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010