what you think about :“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

i like Gandhy toughts and you ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 2:45 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• He's got a point there. Damage to the physical being does not necessarily mean damage to the soul or fiercely protected inner self. We often hear of victims of things like rape and molestation say they leave their consciousness and soar or fly away to a place that is safe and comforting.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Wow for almost 4 in the morning that was deep....ow my brain!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was thinking more along the lines of you CHOOSE what to get upset about in your everyday situations, not in a traumatic event. Most of the time, we get upset by silly things that really don't deserve our attention or dwelling upon. Those things only serve to distract us from the really good things that would make us happier if we chose to ponder on them instead. Not that I'm perfect, but I do try to apply the 10-10-10 rule. How will this impact me 10 minutes from now? 10 months from now? 10 years from now? Most of it won't, but we get freaked out all the same. I tend to get hurt more when I'm hormonal, but I've learned to recognize this and try to walk away and distract myself with something else, something healthy, or if all else fails, chocolate! :-)
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• JawgaMom1- never heard of the 10-10-10 rule. i always somehow take things way too personally and get emotional easy. thanks for answer. i'm gonna try to apply that to my daily life :)

i think you have to be a really strong person in order for that motto to work in your life. i'm not that strong but i'm working on it
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 7:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• when it comes to how you are treated emotionally by others, ie respect, lack of etc. I believe completely that you can only be treated as you allow yourself to BE treated. without healthy boundaries and self respect that is an invitation to be disrespected, disreguarded etc. There is NO reasonn to EVER allow somoene to treat you with less than the respect you deserve. and if they cannot manage it then BUH BY
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 7:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• deep to the point Allergic ;)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 3:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010