why does my husband "fill " his free time with other people, instead of me...

ok is this a common "guy" thing.. cuz honestly.. i dont know how much more of this crap i can take... my husband works a crazy schedule.. its never the same.. due to his job.im very supportive when it comes to his needs and getting things done around the house.. making sure he is as comfortable as possible.. you know the good wife role.. well tonight, he actually has the night off.. and he goes to a friends house to play video games. wtf! this is not the first time.. when ever he has a free moment.. he goes elsewhere or invites friends over the house... never, ever, EVER are we alone or does he want to spend time with just me.why wont he Hang out with me.. i have friends that are always asking me to come hang, that they miss me.. so i dont think im that bad to spend time with.. i just hate the fact that he would rather be there, instead of here... talk about a KICK to my ego!... this SUX...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Leave - just for a short time maybe three or four days... Those will be 3 or four days that Hubby doesn't get a clean house and dinner and such... If he pleads for you to go back then maybe he will listen to your problems with him going out all the time. . . If you just try to tell him to stop - he'll just say you are being bitchy and nothing will change. . .
    rivmom

Answer by rivmom at 10:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• sounds like he is taking you for granted. tell him ahead of time that you already made plans for the next time he has a night out. could you go to his friends and hang together? if you did this maybe next time he would feel obligated to spend the next time with you alone. i don't think if you go on strike would work. you could end up with a power struggle there and start something far worse then what is going on. men can't think for anyone but themselves so you have to take the reins in and say what you want done when he has time to be with you. he won't out right say no i would rather be with my friends. i doubt it. you seem to not be speaking to much to him and just expecting it to go you way. that won't happen. you need to guide him.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• sometimes it takes somebody leaving for a man to realize...maybe just take a brief step back...
    Nora1

Answer by Nora1 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I think you should definately talk to him and tell him you would like to spend time with him. Maybe the two of you could reach a compromise on the nights he gets to hang with friends, and the nights he stays with you.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2008