WHO DO I TURN IN THESE PEOPLE TO THIS POOOR PUP! adult content

I was on craigslist i called because they lost a dog, we go for car rides
she calls me back and says ...
we have some pups i'm like well i don't have a lot of money she comes back saying oh we give them away free all the time...well...she wouldn't let me look the husband came out nasty and like he ate his dinner for months on his shirt, and the poor Chihuahua pup was very sweet and tiny...he said he had his shots. she said no...he was covered in fleas i got him home and there were over 50 ...and i am like OMG and then lil sores from where they were biting him..i put some Vaseline and some Neo on him on him and gave him flea dips but omg i am so pissed off at these people.....i want to call the police but who is open on sunday ?? no one?
I know there address they said to me he was born the 19th and then to my husband the 29th...
and his ears i guess the mom was biting no it was him itching it
he is so happy now i saved him

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 5:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pets

• The fact that they would not let you come in was definitely a huge red flag. This screams puppy mill. I don't know what the laws are in your area but call the police and see what they say and then on Monday call animal control. Take pictures of the pup and I would get him to the vet asap so that the vet can document everything. If he has that many fleas he probably has bumps and I imagine his skin is not in great shape either. Keep an eye on the pup because he could become anemic from the fleas.   He probably has not had his shots but when you get him to the vet you might want to hold off on the vaccines for a week or two because his poor little body is probably on overload because of the condition he is in.  The vet will be able to tell you for sure whether to do in then or wait a little but.  Good luck with the pup.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The police are open on Sunday and where I live they have to be called in to get warrents to go inside the house to check out conditions. So go ahead and call them today. There are probably more babies in that condition not to mention the parents.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Animal Control . The police are not going to get a warrant for a welfare visit on DOGS on a sunday.
    Call the local animal control file a complaint.
    Your question is really confusing.. they lost a dog you go for a rides? I dont get it.

You should take every new dog to the vet within 72 hours of getting them
    Good luck
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 1:29 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The Humane Society in your area. They should come out and see if there are any more puppies there being treated the same way. Good for you if you do report them and save other puppies.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Animal control or SPCA

you can also file a report via 911 or your local sheriffs office, they should be open 24/7 ;)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:49 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• animal control
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:52 AM on Sep. 20, 2010