Do you believe Miracles still happen today?

We all have a moment when our lives were touched in a way that was beyond our control or the control of others. Some say, "Its a miracle." Some say,"Its just a coincidence." Example: When I was 19, I tried to take my own life with taking 52 of the strongest tranqulizers on the market at that time. I should have died. I didn't. I even managed to get a job! I wasn't serving the Lord at the time, but I knew God had spared my life. The greatest miracle was being rushed to the hospital. I had gangrene from a botched surgery. I had poison throughout my body. I should have died. But as you can witness. I'm still living. I am a witness of miracles! Are you?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• YES, miracles still happen today! My mom, my husband, and I would not be here today either if God hadn't of intervened.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Miracles are more commonplace than people realize. Otherwise, Ripley's Believe-it-or-Not book series would have died long ago. There are no gods involved. Humans just have the strength and determination to overcome adversity, even when they don't believe they do.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:58 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't believe in miracles if we go by dictionary.com's first definition of the word: An effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.

Certainly our understanding of even the fundamental forces of nature are weak. We're progressing in our understanding of the physical world, but just because we don't understand why or how something happens does not mean we should assume a "god" or "angel" is responsible. As a scientist, I look for other variables that may have influenced my results. I can think of a half dozen explanations as to why you didn't die from your suicide attempt. By the way, glad you're still here! :)
    SMH2010

Answer by SMH2010 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No I dont believe Miracles still happen today. However I believe blessings do.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't believe in miracles either past or present. There is a natural and scientific explanation for everything- we just have been conditioned to sell ourselves short and credit the 'supernatural' for it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i don't think they happened 2000 yrs ago, either, but they couldn't explain alot of things back then like we can now, so it was largely said to be magic or the work of the gods... a copout for "I dunno".
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do. However I believe Miracles to be what happens when the Fates Intervene, not God.

I believe we all have a purpose to life, and certain events in our lives are predestined in order that we may fulfill that purpose - whatever it is. IF something were to happen, lets say a horrid car accident, and we had yet to fulfilled that purpose the fates will step in and change things in order that we survive and fulfill it. You've seen those accidents where the flaming car is down over the hill and yet somehow the driver walked away with little more than a sore ass - well, that's a Miracle - that's the work of the Fates!

I think your case (and my similar case) is the same kind of thing... If you haven't fulfilled your purpose for being here, they won't let you pass on, you can't win when it comes to Fate!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep I do believe in Miracles! I am A LIVING Miracle

Each child born is a living miracle too

That is an awesome testimony of the miracles in your life. Each day we have breath is a miracle.
    Miracles happen everyday...the blind are seeing, the deaf are hearing the lame are walking and the dead are rising all over the world!
    I just heard of one last night. My church's youth paster shared about his grandfather who was a man of God and prophetic. One night he was preaching and saw this little girl in the way back in a wheel chair, she was skin and bones no muscle mass. He looked at her and said Come here sweety! She got up and as she walked her legs got fatter ( muscles growing) and she was completely healed. You cannot explain that .. oh people will try but that is a GOD GIVEN MIRACLE! So yes Miracles happened then and still do today. Each one of us is a miracle!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 19, 2010