Have you ever had to bend the rules in order to achieve a goal?

Example: My caregiver aren't suppose to get too personal, do anything outside the boundries of the company, or involves us in their lives. Oh, and they're not suppose to give me their phone number.
First, how do you not get involved with someone you spend up to 7 hours a day with? How do you not get too personal when you come to work looking like you just lost your best friend, because you did? So you see. Every day we bend the rules because the goal is for them is to help me. They do that by encourageing me and loving me.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:49 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sounds to me like you're asking a hypotheical question.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think in that case it is virtually impossible not to get personal. If it was so, they wouldn't help, but just treat you as a ... product ... something like that. Can't think of any better word right now. Besides this, it's called "caregiver", so they CARE, right?
    I'm quiet personal with some of my patients, I see them up to 4 times a week on appointment, in between in the hall, they can't go outside anymore without help. Their world is really small sometimes. Who am I not treat them with warmth and love and have a good laugh now and then.
    When I was a student, during my 1st volontary work this cute old lady asked me to go downstairs (in the hospital) to get her headphones for the television. Her vision was bad, so instead of giving me money to do it, she handed me her whole wallet. I took it, went, got what she needed and came back. Allright.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Afterwards I realized that I cold have gotten into bg trouble if somebody caught me with her wallet, or she forgot she gave it to me and blamed me for steeling it or anything.Luckily nothing happened, but I was shocked. Nowadays people get dragged to court or police for all sort of things ...
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 19, 2010