Do you favor one child over your others?

Did your parents?

mom-de-uno

Asked by mom-de-uno at 7:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My parents did. They favored my brothers over me. I tried my best to treat my DD's as equel as possible. It was hard to do. They where 51/2 years apart in age. They had the same rules. Got the same things. If I did for one I did for the other.

Answer by louise2 at 7:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• No I do not.  My parents didn't either but I am an only child so they couldn't lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I was just thinking about this last night. I was looking at my boys and playing with them and I realized that I actually favor all three of them but for different reasons. Isn't that weird?

My grandmother favored my cousins over me because they were born by her favorite daughter. My mom was the youngest. She didn't want my mom or me.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I am an only child of my mother's so I was her favorite. My father had 2, and I always felt he left me for my brother, but then he abandoned him too, so no favorites there. I am my grandparents favorite grandchild. They raised me, so I'm like their 5th child. I only have my son, so he is my favorite. I feel if I do have another I'll still prefer my son, especially if the second was a girl. (That's why I'm only having one- it wouldn't be fair to the next child.)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have never and neither did my parents.

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do not, but my parents did. Actually, it wasn't my parents, just my mom.
    She favors my sister. It did not matter what I did, I could not seem to get her approval. I lettered in sports, starred in our school theater productions, made Honor Roll and was selected for National Honor Society. I also worked part time. None of my achievements mattered to her. My sister always seemed to get the praise. She would get a D and be praised for passing. I'd get an A and get a "That's nice".
    Even now, she will drop everything and run to my sister if she thinks my sis needs her. I can blatantly ask for help and be denied.
    The funny thing is, my Dad can barely stand my sister because of her lack of motivation and how much she needs help, even though she is 37.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I have thought about this often , Each one of my girls have a personality all of thier own ,each one very different than the other . I love certain qualitys in each of them so to say I favor one over the other, No I treat them all equal !
    3girlsnohair

Answer by 3girlsnohair at 9:03 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I do not treat my girls equal but I do not totally favor one over the other. They are different girls so their treatment is different. If I want a lazy day on the couch then I tend to favor my 6 yo as she is a snuggle bug. If I want to go outside, color, or go shopping then I prefer my 7 yo who can't sit still. I was an only so I never had any competition.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I absoutely do not!
    My mom still does.
    IASTUDENT

Answer by IASTUDENT at 9:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i try my best not to but sometime such as when my kids are wild and my 10 yo is the only sane one.but my youngest is the most fun to shop with i think shell enjoy me being pregnant because i dont have any more of my maternity clothes so i have to shop for all new ones :)
    and my parents tended to favor me because i was a little mom. we had our brand new baby home and my dad brought out the wheelchair for my mom and left me to watch all of the kids including the nb while they went to the store and such...i was the oldest if you couldnt tell
    pandapoo100

Answer by pandapoo100 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010