Where to get prenatal care?

If you plan a home delivery, who does your prenatal care and what does it cost you? Does your health insurance cover it? My last child's prenatal care costs were bundled together with the delivery cost.... that's why I wonder how this works.

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 7:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Here is a state by state guide.  I looked it up just to see if my states status had changed...It hadn't...

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Your midwife can do it, or you can go somewhere like planned parenthood. If you're going all alone homebirth, you can do your own prenatal care, but I do suggest at least a midwife.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:08 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If you go to any sort of center (including a birth center) for prenatal insurance should cover it, if you do a home birth they usually don't cover it.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:09 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Keep in mind some sates do not allow mid wives to be licensed for home births so you may have to find one under the table...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:27 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The prenatal, delivery, and postpartum care should all be included together.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:50 AM on Sep. 19, 2010