"17 HOURS!"

MY HUSBAND LEFT THE HOUSE AT 6 OR 6:30 THIS MORNING TO GO HUNTTING AND IT IS 15 TILL 11 AND HE IS STILL IN THE WOODS! MY MOM AND DAD HAD TO GO AND GET ME AND MY KIDS FOOD FOR SUPER BECAUSE THERE WASN'T ANYTHING IN THE HOUSE TO EAT AND IT WAS TO COLD AND LATE TO GO OUT AND GET ANYTHING. WHEN HUNTNG SEASON STARTS ALL HE CARES ABOUT IT THAT HE STAYS GONE ALL DAY AND LEAVES HIS WIFE AND KIDS HOME ALL DAY WITH OUT SOMETHING TO EAT FOR SUPER AND NO WAS OF GETTING AHOLD OF HIM. YEA I KNEW HE HUNTTED WHEN I MARRIED HIM BUT I DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD PUT IT BEFORE HIS WIFE AND KIDS! AND HE GETS MAD IF I SAY ANYTHING TO HIM ABOUT IT! WHAT WOULD YOU THINK AND DO IF YOU WERE IN MY BOAT?

annamiller06

Asked by annamiller06 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I would be ticked off also. My husband goes hunting only occassionally because we only get to hunt when we travel back home to see our families. We usually discuss the issue beforehand so that we both know what is going on and try to agree on a mutual/reasonable amount of time. If he wants to take the whole day to hunt, that is his perogative, but he knows that he will pay for it later when it's my turn. Try planning an outing for yourself (don't ask permission) and tell your husband he is responsible for the kids that day. Give him a taste of his own medicine (no phone calls; and show up whenever you are good and ready). See if he is more respectful next time. Try not to "gripe" at him too much for hunting; simply let him know how you are feeling about his treatment of you and his kids. Good Luck

Oh, have you ever thought of learning to shoot so you can go hunt too? I'm sure that might change his trips.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:26 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• My hubby leaves for the whole weekend to go hunting. It's a guy thing. I used to hate it too, but now I just look at it as a weekend off. Not to sound rude, but if you knew he was going hunting, you could have gone grocery shopping ahead of time. Men think of hunting as a way of providing food for their families. It's a macho thing and they get offended when we make a big deal out of them being gone when they are (hopefully) bringing home meat. Just try to let it go and remember it's only once a year.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 10:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• just make sure you have food for the hunting season and suck it up. sorry but you can't change him. so what would i do....nothing but make sure i can live with out him for the hunting season. he is taking you for granted but as wives and mothers we have to live with that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• oh my gosh i would be so pissed off at my husband too but my husband has the decency to at least call or at least let me know how long he will be gone and make sure i have what i need at the house for me and my son. my husband puts his wife and his kids b/4 his needs but i know they say husbands and wives need their space but i guess me and my husband are weird b/c we don't need our space he says he doesn't want to do anything other than spend time with his wife and his son. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Hmm. Hide his guns?

How about the two of you make a deal that lets him hunt but not as often as he's doing now?

Answer by gdiamante at 6:10 AM on Oct. 19, 2008