Are we ever going to have a president with the guts to end The Cuban Adjustment Act?

I don't think I'm voting. I just moved back home to South Carolina from miami, FL. Could not get a job there because I'm not cuban. the only way to get a job there is if you are a friend of soem cubans. I went to my son school once and the lady in the front office didn't speak english, she had to get someone to translate for me. if one candidate came out now and abolish the policies that allow cubans to come here illegally, stay here on welfare and medicaid for 1 year and then get a job. he would have my vote for sure. my neither has the ba.. to stand up for americans and end the cuban dictatorship that exist right here in our country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Oct. 18, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• then you will never vote. that's not going to happen. too many people are making money over this.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:06 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• i agree with ny.chica.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Actually, Cubans come here legally, but I agree, anyone who immigrates (from any country) should be self-supporting and NOT eligible for welfare under any circumstances. If they can't make it here they can go home and mooch off of their own country!
    Anonymous

• Actually, Cubans come here legally
    no they don't they come here and as long as they land here they get taken to a facility given medical clearance, given medicaid and welfare and legal status. Only some come here legally, applied for a visa from cuba get the visa granted and then come here. the majority come here illegally.
    Anonymous

• and you know what else? every other immigrant that is here legally, gets deported if tehy committ a crime. well Cubans don't. they get to stay here no matter what they do.
    Anonymous

• I know I'm not as informed as I should be....but I didn't realize this. Thx for opening my eyes, I need to do some research.... :)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• robinann5 .. alot of people don't know about this. I only learned about it when I moved here. I only knew the basics learned at school about the cuban missle crisis. but I think it's disgusting. how many americans nac't get the help they need? every other immigrant needs to apply for visa to come here but they can freely come and get welfare immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• you see how people won't answer this. why are americans so afraid of teh cuban exile. no one can say anything about them because there will be hell to pay. They come here supposedly looking for freedoms they don't have in cuba. but when they come here they try to supress our freedom of speech. did you know that a senator/congressman (can't remember) said that miami was run like a third world country. he was schedule to speak here and had to cancel his appearance because of all teh bomb threads by the cuban residence. Well damn what happened to our freedom of speech?
    Anonymous