question about my daughter's sickness and dehydration

She is eleven months and has been sick for a couple days with a high fever and ear infection. I took her to the pedi and they gave her antibiotics which have helped. The problem is she is dehydrated. She barely touches her bottle of anything. She doesn't want the pedialyte pops either and she barely eats any jar food. Every time she goes poop its diarrhea and and blows through her diaper every time. Is there any food I can try to get her to eat that will help with this? I'm geting nervous.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call your pediatrcian back and tell them she is getting worse not better. Keep pushing the fluids in the mean time. However make sure to call back the docs as dehydration can be very serious and sometimes requires a hospiatal stay for iv fluids.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 8:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• The pedi's office is closed should I talk to an on-call dr and tell him what's been happening with her from the begining?
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Absolutely talk to the pedi. on call! Dehydration can kill.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Push fluids...pedialite is good, and water. Talk to the doc they might need to start an IV. There might be a reason she isn't wanting to eat, def see the doc
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:31 AM on Sep. 19, 2010