Can stress cause eye irritation?

When we moved in May, my left eye got red, then it cleared up, and then my right eye got red. No pain, no swelling, no discomfort at all. Then that cleared up. Now my left eye was red Friday, that cleared up, but now my right eye is red. At first I thought it was allergies, but my friend thought it could be related to stress, since we were moving in May and I just started a stressful job recently. Is it possible for stress to cause eye irritation, or is this most likely allergies?

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 8:24 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Health

• I would think it is most likely allergies. Stress can do all kinds of havoc to the body, but eye irritation usually isn't at the top of that list. Try some otc allergy meds and see if that is helpful.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:15 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i would say allergies
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:40 PM on Sep. 19, 2010