29 weeks and starting to feel pain on my butt is that sciatic ?

just started last night, I tried to get out of the car and my butt area hurts, and I was limping. It lasted all thru the night when i woke up to pee or turn to other side of the bed. This morning the pain ease up a little, I don't have to limp, but that still there. Does that mean the baby is laying on my sciatic nerve last night? I always tho it willl hurt my back not my butt.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 34 weeks and have sciatic nerves. They hurt in the back of my leg all the way up to my butt cheek.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 8:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Yep. Happens to me every pregnancy about the 22nd week. I asked about it in a group and this wonderful woman sent me some exercises to help and after only one day of doing them, my pain was almost gone and now, a week later, it totally gone (I will still continue to do them as a preventive measure). Here is what she said to do:

continued...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i agree that usually siatic pain goes from the leg all the way up to the butt. it could just be another nerve though or your hip
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• sit in a chair

cross your right leg over your left so your right ankle is resting on your left knee

then slowly sit forward and you will feel the stretch. do this 3 times and hold the position where you feel the stretch for 30 seconds.

The other one is to lay on your back with your knees bent w/ feet flat on floor

keeping your knees together and shoulders flat on floor move your knees as far to the left as comfortable

next, move your knees to the right as far as comfortable and repeat. Do that about 20 times resting 1 min between set.

The last one is to lie on your back (bent) hold your knee from behind, keeping your leg bent, pull your leg in toward your chest and raise your leg up to straighten. (this one is a little difficult because the belly gets in the way but it basically will stretch out that muscle in your leg) Do this one 10X and hold it for 5 seconds each.

Also ice the area.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:57 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sounds like it. Mine is so bad I see a chiropractor for it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010