How do u feel about parents who are still in the party scene

I know a few parents, well actually a lot who still party every weekend, they will have people over playing drinking games, hanging out and getting drunk, there kids will stay up till 10 or 11pm around all the drinking or around people smoking weed.. And if it's not at there house they will take there kids to someone else house to be around the drinking n to let there kids hang around a party filled with young high or drnk dumbasses? I mean I have had people over to drink a few and like play video games but that is like once every 2 months I'm talking weekly! But anyway do u do this? Or how do u feel about it?

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it's pathetic. Wish they'd grow up.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:12 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I dont! I cant understand when people do these things. It kinda makes young parents seems really immature and really gives us a bad rep. I'm 21 and the last time I 'partyed' was when my 1st dd was 2 months old, and she had a babysitter. every once and awhile its not so bad but all the time is just wrong.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:23 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Its nice that they can still have a good time even with kids. But every weekend? Come on, they need to spend some time with the kids with drinking and weed. They need to know they are grown ups now.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• It is not just young parents. My sil is 27 and leaves her 3 yr old ds with her mom for weeks at a time. She has too many clubs to hit to worry about being a mom. Her bf is 34 and doesn't bother to come get this little boy either. I find it very sad.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:51 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I think that the parents who do things like that, while it is obviously very immature they feel like once they stop having excessive amounts of fun that their young life is over. Most of them probably don't have a handle on the realization that parenting is pretty much giving up your life and wants for the childs needs.
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Very immature if they already have kids. Ok to go out to a party and enjoy themselves but when it involves drinking games and that sort then they are not ready to be parents.
    rylymama

Answer by rylymama at 10:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Time to grow up!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 10:19 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't really understand it. I was never into partying, even when I was young.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:34 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• If they party irresponsibly, then it is time to grow up. But if the kids are cared for (and in bed!), who am I to say how they spend their free time? Its wonderful they can get out and have a good time, but I would not be able to keep up with that.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I don't think it's really wrong if the kids are NOT present. Everyone has a right to live their life. But if it's affecting the kids, or if they are there, I don't think it should be happening at all. I think that every weekend is a little overboard, though. Maybe once a month, or twice at most, but not more than that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:23 PM on Sep. 19, 2010