Have you heard about the "I love boobies" bracelets? If so, what are your thoughts about kids wearing them to school?

I don't know who started making the bracelets, but it seems like they are on the coattails of the "Save the tatas" bumper sticker. I support breast cancer awareness, but is it ok for kids to wear the bracelets to school?

HeatheranninSP

Asked by HeatheranninSP at 9:13 AM on Sep. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that is about as classy as the urinating Calvin bumper stickers. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, and she wasn't trying to save her "tatas". She was trying to save her life!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 1:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2010

• Our schools have banned all rubber bracelets - the Livestrong and their clones, The Jelly Bracelets, Silly Bands etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:17 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• I wasn't too happy to see my students wearing the "Save the Ta-Ta's" shirts. The boys were agree way too much. The boobies braclets just get thin
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• i think kids are too immature for that kind of thing and i think they would only serve as a great distraction
    pmg1030

Answer by pmg1030 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Sorry, computer issues. Anyway, the boobies bracelets just get things started at school that teachers have to deal with. Support cancer awareness, but not that way.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Never seen it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Can't say as I have.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:25 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Haven't seen it, but I would not support the saying. It will open up other discussions. When I was younger, we were not thinking along the lines of cancer or diseases, we were just giggling girls (my sisters and I) and we would have whispered among each other about the saying.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Umm no. Kids are not thinking cancer awareness lol
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:02 AM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Don't like them. Don't like cancer. Having a kid wearing a bracelet that says they love boobies---how in a "child's mind" could that also mean let's support the fight to stop cancer? If you were a kid is that what YOU would have thought when you saw it? Silly! How about something saying "Join the fight against breast cancer"
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 7:22 PM on Sep. 19, 2010